Rice Krispies treats have been a family favorite for generations. Traditionally crafted with marshmallow, butter, and plenty of crispy rice cereal, this is a simple recipe perfect for adding a few modifications. So, you can bet that this souped-up recipe for Buttery Bourbon Rice Krispies Treats won’t disappoint! Just a hint of bourbon makes the flavors of this treat really pop. No bourbon on-hand? Substitute with vanilla for an equally rich taste.
• ½ cup butter
• 1 (16 ounces) package miniature marshmallows
• 2 tablespoons bourbon
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 8 cups crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
• 1 pinch flaked sea salt
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown with a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes.
2. Add marshmallows to browned butter, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Stir bourbon and 1 teaspoon sea salt into marshmallow mixture and remove the saucepan from heat.
4. Add rice cereal to marshmallow mixture and mix until cereal is evenly coated with marshmallow mixture; transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
5. Place a sheet of parchment paper over rice cereal mixture and press into dish. Remove parchment paper and sprinkle flaked sea salt over the top.
6. Cool treats to room temperature, at least 30 minutes.
There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Fairways at Lincoln Apartments in Lincoln, Nebraska is proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.